Me and My College (Govt. Emerson College Multan)


I've learned a lot and also got many unforgettable memories in my head during my 2-year journey in Emerson College (Multan).

My college years were quite exhausting and strenuous yet left me with the best memories I can ever recall.

Let me first give you an Intro about the college first.

Emerson College is in Multan. It was established in 1926 (No, I haven't done any research, it is written on the main board). Many notable personalities graduated from here including Inzamam-ul-Haq.

Okay, that's enough of the history or geography what that was.

I went there for Intermediate (F.Sc). I was in fact late for the admission but I somehow got admission. When I went to the admission office he said that you are late. I have been to other colleges and that's why I was late for admission, So I do not want to move to another one now.

I was still thinking when he asked my Matric marks. I told him my marks which more or less impressed him and he gave me the admission form.

My first day of college was not actually the first day for my other fellow students. I was two days late.

I think finding your class is more difficult than the exams. When I reached my class and was about to enter, I noticed something was missing.

Something that was missing were the students. There were no students in the class.

What a college it must be, a whole classroom for me alone!! Meanwhile, I was thinking, someone told me the class was in Physics Lab.

"Lab, where it is?", I asked.

He said pointing towards a room, the lab actually, "There".

So, I finally met with my classmates in the class. Lab attendant was there and gave me a Vernier Callipers and a few cylinders.

What a welcome! I was the only one new there, so I tried to measure the diameter. It was not long enough until I realized that no one was doing so.

"Hey, when you finish writing let me write the observation too." , the boy sitting next to me said to me.

After two hours, we finally got to study in the class.

The only thing I learned that day was that I need to change my section. Of course, why would I waste my precious 2 hours in the lab doing nothing, I could watch a movie at that time in my house.

I was told about the SuperSection so I changed my section.

I don't know why it was called SuperSection, but I had my own theories about why it was called so.

Firstly, there was literally no lab and practicals work.

Secondly, the class was on a busy route, so you can sit on the last bench and can check out girls from the back door all day long.

I must admit, our class in charge was such a nice man that he never asked me why I was absent so many days ( Class bunks made easy).

There was our Islamiat teacher in First-year. He had the last lecture and he had his own way of keeping students from class bunks. 

He used to say that if any student would be absent more than 3 days he would strike off his name from the roll list and he would not be able to sit in the examination.

I was immune to his threats that I never except once attended his class. I had my section changed, so my name was not in his "list". In fact, he never knew that I was actually there. So how would he strike off my name if it were never there in the first place!

[To be continued]



Please subscribe to the NewsLetter so that you never miss a new post from me, and don't forget to share.




0 comments:

Post a Comment